To book a consultation, workshop or in need of technical support call our project coordinator on 07989449169 or email - firstname.lastname@example.org
The users of the fabrication centre will be taught the breadth of making skills. We start from the beginning and train you to as far towards a professional practice as you wish your skill level to reach.
The basic workshops begin with introductions to project management (budgeting, time management, health & safety etc.) Then stepping through health and safety workshops, which are an important part of this area, we move onto practical processes. Some workshops will require you to have done the basic before you can undertake the intermediate or advanced levels, but we are here to offer you this opportunity and will accommodate your needs.
We have a diverse team whose skills reflect contemporary maker’s needs. The team work at different times of the week, so please make yourselves aware of staff working patterns. Staff also have formal booking in time, this is so we can help set up your project needs and help manage your expectations.
The fabrication area will be open from 9am but staff are not available until 10am. This time is needed for administration, please respect this!
Staff have formal booking in sessions. These sessions can be booked in the Welcome Area in half hour slots with the project coordinators.
We have listed all our workshops descriptors under the workshops tab at the top of the page. Here you can find out about each workshop and what to expect to do in that session. You will also find information about relevant learning and research materials.
As an advanced user you will need to be qualified in the specific area of interest before you will be allocated a advanced user pass. This means you are able to use this equipment unaided.
We hope you enjoy using the fabrication area as much as we enjoy you using it. Please be creative, and remember there are no failures, only lessons in making.
Wednesday Afternoons in the Fabrication Area
- There is limited technical support in the area on Wednesday after 12:30, as technical staff are doing essential training, maintenance and administrative work
- Some equipment will be locked off for health and safety reasons
- If you have enough experience to work safely in the workshops without technical support you can carry on
- If you need technical support, please come back to discuss your requirements at another time or book and appointment with the relevant member of staff
- In the event of an emergency, please alert members of staff in the Fabrication office